Silly Carrot Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 tiered cake
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 1/4 cups coconut oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups cake flour ( or half nutty wheat)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 3 cups peeled & grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( pecans or walnuts work a treat)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C ( or 170 degrees at the coast).
- 2. Grease and flour 2 x 5" (12,5cm) 2 x 6 (15cm) round cake pans.
- 3. In a large bowl beat together eggs, coconut oil, white sugar and 2 tsp vanilla.
- 4. Sift in another bowl the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- 5. Mix dry with wet ingredients with wooden spoon or slow stand mixer.
- 6. Add the grated carrots and chopped pineapple then fold in chopped nuts.
- 7. Divide evenly between prepared pans by means of a scale.
- 8. Bake for approx. 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 9. Let the cakes cool in the pan for 10 mins then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely
- 10. Text your momma and tell her to come over for tea/
- Servings : 8-10
Welcome! Feeling peckish? Good, we can be friends. My name is Alice. Enchanté.